As we have expected, Intuit recently announced the following:
After July 31st, 2024, Intuit will no longer sell new subscriptions of the following Desktop products in the US:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier Plus
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac Plus
- QuickBooks Desktop Enhanced Payroll
What is not changing:
- Existing Desktop Pro Plus, Premier Plus, Mac Plus and Enhanced Payroll subscribers can continue to renew their subscription after July 31, 2024*. We will continue to provide security updates, product updates, and support for existing subscribers.
- All QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise subscriptions (Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond) will continue to be available for purchase for new subscribers after July 31, 2024. Enterprise Gold, Platinum, and Diamond include integrated payroll.
- Accountants can continue purchasing QuickBooks Accountant Desktop Solutions, including ProAdvisor bundles, through our Accountant Sales team after July 31, 2024.
What they have not said at this time, however I feel it is inevitable, it that they will most likely be discontinuing the Pro Plus, Premier Plus and Mac Plus altogether in 2025 or 2026 (most likely 2025). They do not have plans to discontinue QB Enterprise Solutions at this time.
If you are on the subscription plan but still in 2023 version, I would take this time to upgrade to 2024 as you already have paid for it via the subscription.
We at DMS will be reaching out to many of our clients to convert them to QBO in 2024 so they will be ready when Intuit cuts off support to Pro & Premier.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have.
Chief Onboarding Officer, QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor